|Remove||Item||Quantity × Price|
|Your cart is empty|
Here at The Wool Croft we take the protection of your personal data and your rights to privacy very seriously. We know how important it is to be able to trust that your details won't be shared, and please be assured, as set out below, we do not share data with 3rd parties!
The Wool Croft Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales Company No: 7360196
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. We are also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
The Wool Croft uses your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, if signed up to our newsletter, to contact you electronically about events, craft inspiration and related information which we think may interest you;
- to enable customer service interactions with you;
Electronic Communications =====
The Wool Croft uses your personal data for email marketing purposes.
The Wool Croft aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- Changing marketing preferences via your The Wool Croft newsletter account
- Making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails.
SHARING DATA WITH 3RD PARTIES
The Wool Croft will not disclose your personal data to any third party. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA =====
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 5 years.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT? ====
The Wool Croft may collect the following information about you:
- your name,
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your location;
- your password(s) on this site (if applicable)
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your correspondence and communications with The Wool Croft; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
CREDIT / DEBIT CARD DETAILS ====
When you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment details are entered directly into our Payment Providers. We have access to a limited amount of this information to process your order, make refunds etc but we do not store any of your credit / debit card details.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA ====
The Wool Croft will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from The Wool Croft asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to The Wool Croft and more generally: -
- keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password.
- avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
YOUR RIGHTS ====
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
LEGAL BASIS FOR The Wool Croft PROCESSING CUSTOMER PERSONAL DATA
The Wool Croft collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing personal data in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of The Wool Croft, including:-
- selling and supplying goods to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers (including administering the The Wool Croft loyalty scheme);
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.